Crafting a better future.
As transportation takes strides towards a sustainable future, the power of conscious design and responsible sourcing continues to be realized.
Our industry has accepted the model that value can be found in repairing and refurbishing products. It is an investment. This mindset directly impacts decisions to purchase products that promise longevity.
Every piece of leather or synthetic product that leaves our facility impacts the environment in one way or another. Ensuring our products have the longest possible lifespan, whether in their current form or up-cycled, is a top priority for our R&D team. Our ever-evolving finish systems and a product’s ability to be repaired are an essential building block of our sustainability efforts.
Transportation textiles must promise a lightweight solution without compromising strength or aesthetics. The final product must meet expectations of the entire team including engineers, designers, buyers, as well as the end user.
We continue to challenge ourselves to further extend the life cycle of the products that we manufacture and are confident that our innovation process will go a long way in pushing the limits of sustainable transportation products.
Our Sustainability Pledge
- To have 50% of our product catalog represent at least 50% recycled, carbon neutral or renewable materials by 2030.
- To continue developing the lightest weight leathers and synthetics in the transportation industry, using the least amount of resources possible to produce and transport these materials.
- To continue to pursue best practices to mitigate our environmental impact and carbon footprint
- To reduce our production waste to landfill and reduce energy consumption
- To ensure that all materials used throughout our production process are responsibly sourced
- To continually innovate and increase our efficiency in a way that benefits the industry as a whole
- To increase awareness of environmental protection, conservation, and clean production
- To recognize solutions to energy and efficiency issues and incorporate them into daily practice
- To continue to use our resources efficiently
- To embrace new methods of manufacturing and operation that are more eco-friendly
Our Partnership Goals:
At our company, we believe that our suppliers and partners are an integral part of our team. We are proud to work with businesses that prioritize social and environmental responsibility and we make sure to regularly audit our suppliers to ensure that they are upholding all relevant environmental regulations and protocols. By partnering with companies that share our values, we are able to contribute to a more sustainable future for everyone. We take our role as a responsible business very seriously and we are committed to doing our part to make a positive impact on the world. We are always looking for ways to improve our sustainability efforts and we encourage our suppliers and partners to do the same. Together, we can make a difference and create a better future for all of us.
- Follow humane and ethical labor standards
- Choose responsible methods of transportation for shipping goods
- Ensure traceability and animal welfare
- Prioritize responsible water and energy consumption
- Continually improve on waste reduction strategies
- Adhere to strict policies on restricted and harmful substance usage and avoidance
- Development of Enduralite™ and Ecolite™ the lightest synthetic leather products offered to the transportation industry.
- Working with social enterprise projects to help veterans and the unemployed create jobs and economic participation via donations of scrap and upcycled leather materials.
- Exclusive distribution of Alcantara, a TUV/SUD certified carbon neutral product since 2009.
- Creation of leather panel hides, which reduces leather processing chemicals by 46%, 91% less fresh water, 89% less waste, 2lbs less plastic, and 20% less transfer fuel per passenger place.
- Ensuring leather suppliers are participants in the Leather Working Group.
Leather is Sustainable.
Sustainability is a major concern in today’s world, and it is no different when it comes to selecting materials for transportation cabin interiors. As global populations continue to grow and the demand for travel increases, it is more important than ever to choose materials that are environmentally friendly and sustainable. While synthetic materials are often seen as a more sustainable option due to their lower environmental impact during production, it is important to recognize that leather is also a highly sustainable material.
Leather is inherently upcycled, as it is a byproduct of the meat industry. This means that it is already being repurposed and given a new life rather than being discarded as waste. By using leather, we can help to eliminate millions of tons of landfill waste each year, reducing our overall environmental impact. In addition to its sustainability benefits, leather is also highly durable and long-lasting, making it a wise investment for airlines and other carriers. High-quality leather can last for many years with proper care, and when it does reach the end of its useful service life, it can be fully upcycled and repurposed rather than being discarded.
From the perspective of passengers, leather is a luxurious and comfortable material that is associated with quality and style. It has a timeless appeal that is highly prized by those who appreciate the finer things in life. Whether you are looking for a sustainable and durable material for your cabin interiors, or a passenger looking for a comfortable and luxurious travel experience, leather is an excellent choice. Its combination of sustainability, durability, and luxury make it an ideal material for the demanding environment of passenger travel.
Cyclability & Refurbishment
At Perrone, we are committed to designing a future with less waste. Our products are built to last and we take a holistic approach to sustainability, considering every step of the product life cycle. This includes everything from raw material procurement and processing to packaging, distribution, use, maintenance, and disposal or recycling.
We also offer a All Leather Maintenance Panel Replacement Program to help extend the life of leather and synthetic covers beyond their original life expectancy. By taking responsibility for the entire life cycle of our products, we are working towards closing the manufacturing loop and reducing waste.
In addition to designing products that are built to last, we are also constantly looking for ways to improve our sustainability efforts. Whether it’s finding more environmentally-friendly materials or implementing more efficient manufacturing processes, we are dedicated to doing our part to create a more sustainable future for all.
As a leading supplier of transportation leathers and synthetic materials, Perrone is committed to enhancing sustainability efforts within the transportation industry. We recognize that our materials have a significant impact on the environment, and we are dedicated to finding ways to minimize our environmental footprint. One way that we do this is through our materials upcycling initiative, which is designed to support organizations and further positive social impact.
Through our materials upcycling initiative, we actively donate unserviceable dress covers that come through our certified repair station, as well as scrap portions of leather materials that are by-products of our cut parts process. These materials are then repurposed and given a new life, helping to reduce waste and minimize our environmental impact. We believe that this is an important way to contribute to sustainability efforts and make a positive impact on the world around us.
At Perrone, we are proud to be a leading supplier of transportation materials, and we are committed to using our resources and expertise to make a positive difference in the world. Whether we are working to reduce waste, support organizations, or find new ways to enhance sustainability, we are always striving to do our part to make a positive impact.
If your organization is interested in receiving donations of upcycled materials, please contact us.
For more information about any of our products or services please contact:
+1 518 853 4300